October 25, 2008

10 Indictments Against The Modern American Church

I have listened to a load of Paul Washer sermons.  Next to John Piper he is my favorite preacher.  I believe that out of all his messages, this is undoubtedly the most needed one for this epoch of the American church.  He just preached this last week at the 2008 SermonIndex Revival Conference.  If you're familiar with his preaching this is pretty much a summation of all that he stresses in his itinerant ministry.

One blogger has already said this sermon "may be the one that ends up being the 95 theses of our time in history." I cannot overemphasize how much I recommend that every single leader and lay person in the American church should listen to this wonderful exhortation.  It is two hours long.  Please set that time aside and listen.

Here is the link:

At my other blog I have posted a brief outline with notable quotes from the sermon.  I've taken it off here to preserve space and not make it so long.

No comments: