October 11, 2008

Daughter Of The King

I did not intend to just end up posting lyrics/verses that I've written but they have just been pouring out of my heart lately.  I pray that this edifies and encourages you. I called this one "Daughter Of The King." 
(After you read this, read the warning/caveat that I give after the poem please).

Sublime and beautiful soul, my mind is losing control/ 
Pure radiance, you shine with an unusual glow/ 
Reminiscing to the time I said, “Excuse me, hello.”/
Now I know we go together like a shoe and sole/ 
Yeah, you’re a cutie and you’re truly a rose/ 
I am fully yours and you are fully my own/ 
Rebuke me but don’t go, if I ever foolishly show/ 
That I’m not treasuring your heart because I’m stupid and slow/ 
And every single year it’s like your beauty it grows/ 
Your love is brighter than the sun, sweeter than a honeycomb/ 
I know as our hands hold we’re both of the same mold/ 
Covenant blessed/ flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone/ 
Help me be a lovin’ husband and a man in the home/ 
Who leads you and our little crew to love the Lamb on the throne/ 
Ephesians Five as our story for His glory alone/            
Ecclesiastes 4:9 as the path of our road/ 
See I’m attracted to you because you’re attracted to Him/ 
A beauty deeper than skin reaching to virtue within/ 
Spent so much time at his feet, seeking Him, touching his hem/ 
That you’re reflecting off His glory like a radiant gem/ 
Pure and purchased/ You’re worth it/ I’m a servant to your needs/ 
This is my beloved; she’s such a precious thing to me/ 
I’ll keep the vows I avowed when I offered you my ring/ 
Understanding I’m entrusted with a daughter of the King/ 


Sometimes I get all mushy and junk and write these things.  I pray that God will mold me to be the kind of man who is a priest, prophet, provider, and protector in the home. A godly man who loves his wife like Christ loved the church.

But I did want to give a brief warning to those of us who are single.  I sincerely believe that one of the greatest idols in our Christian circles is the polished idol of relationships and aspirations of future marriage.  Especially with being in Seminary, sometimes if feels like this place is the equivalent of a sanctified meat market.  We affirm the importance of singles being content in Christ but continually deny that principle practically.  Let's just make sure that our desire to find our "soul mate" does not overtake our desire to seek the Lover of our souls.  Do you desire marriage more than communion with Christ? May it never be!  Let us seek Jesus and rest in His good providence.  May Christ be all!

No comments: